fashion Image Map

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Progress on my formal dress

Well here's the thing, I was meant to start making my official formal dress last weekend but got stuck when I didn't know what to use to transfer my pattern markings to my fabric. But lucky for me, my friend helped me with that and gave me the solution. So here it is, I had transfered all my pattern pieces onto interfacing and because I had done so, all I needed to do was go over the markings (pressing hard) with tailors chalk and the markings should go through. And it was as simple as that :)




Update!

I did some more work tonight and here is the progress:





6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a very good first impression, I am eager to see more advances in your dress ... Looking foward ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) I love sewing too:) Small tip, when you're sewing such fabric as chiffon and silk its better to put under material newspaper or paper that is used for pattern making, i this way your stitch will be will be flat and won't shrink, and when transfer patterns to fabric be very careful because such fabrics love walking around under patterns. I hope I used right english:) ( I'm taylor also:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor, thank you for the tip, I will keep it in mind for next time :) (and your English is good!) :)

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed! If you want more, please follow me :)

ShareThis