fashion Image Map

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sewing Floral 60s

I love the 60s and find it as a very inspirational fashion era, everything of the 60s was lovely. Have you wanted to go back in time just to wear the fashion of a particular decade? Well I have and do. I bought a sewing pattern, 'Butterick b5607', recently from spotlight and because I am still learning in sewing I bought an easy one, which specifically had easy labelled on the back, I read through the pattern instructions and when they said easy they really mean it. I collaged a source of inspiration for my self, I really want to create a bright and colourful dress which can be worn to any occasion. Well here is all the designs the pattern offer, it's really only two style of dresses but with extra features on each one:


Floral 60s

Lace up oxford
$29 - owntherunway.com
Clutch handbag
$39 - modcloth.com




I really like the bag, it is so pretty! I am going to make one, soon I hope and then it will be up on my etsy store.



 Well here is all the designs the pattern offer, it's really only two style of dresses but with extra features on each one:

I want to create dress B with feature G, the girl in the right top corner is the one wearing the design. The colour and use of this satin as
formal wear is okay but not really what I want. I made Simplicity 2305 with dark blue satin, it was nice, but I don't have anything to wear it to besides it's to small on me now :( (picture up soon!)







For my textiles project I am to use this pattern and adjust it based on the 'Galaxies beyond Earth' for a 2040 ball and I have been sketching ideas. But when I have more progress on that I will post :)



This is it :)


Once it's finished I will post it up. Have you made this before or now decided you want?



3 comments:

  1. Will look forward to seeing the finished dress!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floral dress is so pretty :) I'm your new follower :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such fun outfits, especially the floral dress! Thank you so much for following All Glitzed Up. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was away for several weeks. Following you!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed! If you want more, please follow me :)

ShareThis